Yeah, as the title suggested, it was real. I was robbed at knife point in my home compound. Well, it happened this way...
It was around 4pm that I reached home from my office on saturday. As usual I would usually park my car in the compound inside but somehow, I did not do so as I was planning to go to the bank after the shower. After parking the car outside of my home, I opened the gate and left it unlock. So I proceed to the front door and opened the grille and the wooden door but just as I was doing that, I suddenly remembered that I had not fed the fish that morning. So I closed the grille and locked it again (which thank god I did). As I was lingering around the compound, I noticed an indian guy went to the unoccupied home beside mine (the house had no locks) and started looking around. As I thought it may be a few indian guys looking for a home so I did not bother them but just as I turned around a few guys just opened my main gate and rushed in. Just as I thought of fighting back, they brandished an army knife (9 inch) and waved around me saying that they are here to get whatever I had on me. Miraculously, I wasn't panic and as they reached for my pocket, they took my handphone and before they could reach to the other one, I stuck my hand in and took out the house key so as to prevent them from having my car. Three Indian guys surrounded me and started shoving me into the house but they were out of luck because I locked the grille. They were in a state of panic too and as I struggled around, I gave them the pity look but inside my heart I was looking for the chance. I guess Buddha answered my prayers when I was chanting his name, two of the dumb thieves just left the compound. So I am left with one of them only and I tried pushing him into a clear area and as I did that, I started shouting help. I just swung my arm around him and I was free. The next thing I knew I was rushing out into the middle of the street and shouted for help to catch those bastards. They took off from my home but at the same time, they had the house keys too.....
It was a very bad day for me, I mean I not only that they had the house keys but I had to change all the locks in my home not to mention, one sleepless night. However, all is fine now as I had locked the phone and card so that he could not make calls. But deep inside my mind, I kept thinking, where is the moral of these guys living by taking from others? Do they have the moral at all? Do they have no fear? Will they kill just to get what they want? I made the police report but all they could do was to send an inspector to my home and took a few pictures of my home to document the case.
I guess I was lucky to be alive. I mean, at that moment, anything could have happened and furthermore, they are pushing me towards the inside of the house. If they had got in, there is no telling what would have happened. I may lose an arm, a leg or even my life. From the looks of the robbers, I knew they were high on drugs and drinks as they smelled like shit. This gave me the indication not to fight back as they could have lose all their cow sense.
So readers, there are a few lesson to be learnt here.
1) Always lock your doors wherever you are.
2) If you are faced with such situation, don't panic.
3) Give these bastards what they want and tell him to leave you alone.
4) If he persists to push you into your home, start to struggle and look for opportunity to escape.
5) If all else fails, scream for your life and give them a few nice jabs on their fucking face.
6) Lastly, run as far as possible.
For now, I need to get a new handphone but the best thing was, all they got from my wallet that day was a RM23 and all my personal documents were not taken.
Buddha must have been seriously blessing me.....
12 comments:
aiyooo poor thing. the same thing used to happen to my neighbour. she was knifed and asked to open the grille and wooden door. then they went into her hosue and took some stuff.
Hi Sim,
Aiyoyo, thanks god, u still here. :-) take care.
Fr Rachel
What can I say - you're the luckiest among the unlucky guys! Need to be extra careful the next time.
Yikes! Must be a scary incident. Glad that you are OK. Take care!
wow! glad you're ok. i also observe my surroundings before opening the gate and grille/main door. no one came out to help?
what goes around comes around..the bastards will have to pay for what they did to you one day..
glad that you're OK. take care dude.
take good care of yourself. It's good to know that you're alright.
Hi,Sim,u r still ok is good...just prevent to happen next time..!
Hope no like SJ...few days two case oh...!!
Take care !
Glad that you are OK! Take care.
My wife and I have been too relaxed with security recently. Time to start being more cautious. Glad that you are ok. Take care man!
Thank goodness. You are still alright. Hope you will be more alert on your surroundings the next time.
hey guys,
Thanks for your concern. I had been shifting factory for the whole of weekend and the system was up by today. I am glad too that I was ok judging by the size of the weapon used. Just want to tell you all that I am really glad to hear from you.
Post a Comment