It is the time of the year to run the 15K event and this year, it proved to be even more challenging than the last. Basically, I had not trained for anything above the 15k distance and to tell you guys the truth, I wasn't prepared for it. This was made worse by the 'robbery' event which I didn't even dared to venture out of my home compound for the week. So, with this in mind, I just do what I can.
Start of the race.
This year, the Pacesetters had chosen the Padang Merbok as the starting ground rather than the lake due to the extensive renovations going on there. They had made route changes as well and this time, we have to traverse through the double hill twice which made the whole race even tougher.
I started the race with a below average speed pacing just to conserve enough juice to traverse through the hills. After running for 15-20 mins, I spotted CM (PM17). He had one of the best improvements in terms of timing and now, he is no more known as the sapu lantai man. I think the term should be passed to me now haha!. I had to benchmark myself to him at this moment and try my best to bring my level to his (I know CM, you no need to say 'aiya....I am not that fast la'... when you have read this!).
Mid Race
I had managed to bring myself just to follow the buntut of CM all the way to the 10k mark. However, I was too tired to continue as I had lost steam. Why this had happened was because, my training schedule was only tailored to the 10K. My max energy output and my final speed was all specifically tailored just to run 10k. This had proven to be effective where previously, I didn't even manage to stare at CM's buntut but this time I manage to follow him all the way. But by the time I reached 12K, I am totaly depleted in terms of energy and strength. I had to rely on my spirit to finish the race. The second loop of the race was the most difficult and the uphill climbs were terrible where all I had in my mind was pain, physically and mentally.
End of the race
I just want to finish it badly. Last few km's were the most torturing and I had to stop several times. I was too tired. My training only allowed me to continue up to 12K and nothing more. I was very glad when I saw the finishing line and crossing it, brought me immediate relief. Pain was gone and all I had now is injury. Oh ya, I learned one more thing, don't ever wear a running thighs and shorts together. It will boil your precious into cooked meat.
Post race
Everybody ended this race on a high note. Things were going well and everybody scraped through. Event was well organised with pau's and fruits served to runner. Hope that this would be a standard fare to all the events organised in Malaysia. Der PM's did well, Penguins, Singaporeans and many more.
However, my mind had only one thing. It is HER.
Somehow, there was a feeling in me to look for the girl that day. My mind just put my body into action where I scoured every inch of the ground as I could 'felt' her presence. Infact, I nearly gave up because I could not spot her although I had made close to 4 rounds plus to the toilet. I was close to scrutinising every person that day. I just walked up to them and looked at their faces just to make sure. In my heart, I told myself not to give up.
It was strange. In my deepest thoughts, I knew I would somehow see her today and to my relief, it did happen. I saw her and there she was, standing gracefully right in front of me talking to another runner. I swore to god previously that if I am given another chance, I will DEFINITELY go and meet her. I don't care about the outcome of whether there will be a favourable reciprocate from her but I just want to know her. I had to do this because I do not want to carry the regret of not knowing her earlier before in Kuching. No amount of fear and nervousness is going to thwart my attempt to get myself knowing her this time........ and I thank god My prayers had been answered. I never let her go out of my sight as I scoured for a pen everywhere just to jot down my number and my email (not forgetting my name) so that I can pass them to her (sorry Rachel, I asked you for a pen while you were cutting watermelons :p).
It was sweet......It had been a long time since I was this happy.....we chatted and got to know each other.
While talking, it felt as if.....there was no one else in that place but only her....(don't worry readers, I had not appeared as a sex crazed, wolf in a pig clothing or a control freak while talking and I remained calm/professional all the time :p).
Well, I am praying hard everyday that things will go into the right direction. I will try my best to make things work. I know this would need time and I am willing to take all the time to make it work. Not to mention, I know I am brave enough to face the disappointments as well. I just need to try.....
I am sure god is listening to me....
I have faith in myself....and YOU.
5 comments:
running teaches us to be patient. now you can put it to practice. who says running only improves the fitness? one thing's for sure, we're rooting for you and I'm sure to check out your blog for updates!
wah really like serendipity lah... fated ponya
Thanks Carboman....For the first time, I was calm and patient...really patient...Thanks for your support and this is defintely something I need from you guys. Wish me luck!
love always wins. good luck!
Haha...i still remember that day one guy like a small boy looking for a pen while i busy cutting the water melon. I'm sure your effort will get a good return. Good Luck. She is pretty, it is true.
Regards,Rachel
wehh..talking behind my back ahh???
i still sapu lantai what..not-so-great eastern 30K, powerless run, police-catch-thief run..
asking pen from rachel when she was busy cutting watermelon?? hahahaa!!!
regards,
CM
Post a Comment