Friday, January 13, 2006

Down and Out

Well, today is a real unlucky day for me.

1) My car alarm went off while I was driving to office. I looked like a loony driving a small car and I attracted tons of attention. Not to mention, some even gave way to me thinking that I was some patrol car. I decided to stop at the road side to see what had happened and there is nothing much I could do. My car was acting like a child wailing in the middle of the supermarket. I checked under the dashboard and to my surprise, it was very wet there. There had been a lot of water droplet accumulation behind the stereo unit area. When I got my car checked at the Perodua Service centre, they mentioned that the Alarm/central locking unit had short circuited. When it was removed from my car, the mechanic gave it a few nice swings and droplets of water was spitting out from that unit. The mechanic metioned that it was the water which caused the short circuiting and this served to confirm what he said was true as the control unit was located right behind the stereo area where I had found water accumulation earlier in the morning. At the same time, they gave me a card telling me that in the event the car decided to 'die' half way due to the alarm shutting off the engine, just give them a call and they will tow it to the workshop. S@#t, I asked them do they have the spare parts immediately and they mentioned NO. They mentioned that they would need to order from the Perodua Centre as my case is a one-off kind. At the same time I have to fork out at least RM200 for that small thing alone... Oh ya, my central locking malfunctioned too..This is really irritating...

2) Had a high fever in the morning due to the flu bug which I had caught. My nose is also all jammed up as if I am stuffed with pieces of cloth up my nostrils. I could not even move a single limb but still had to crawl to office as there had been work which I had not settled. Now I am worried without the sufficient mileage I can't complete the GE30K race which I had sign up. I seriously do not want to have a DNF record for this year...

Well, two things happening in one day is really enough for me. I am going back early today to sleep it off...Yawn.....

No comments: