Firstly, I would like to thank Ronnie for organising such a good event in which all of us as Pacemakers can be proud of. At the same time, to all the sponsors (especially Rohaizad) and many token of thanks to the volunteers as without you guys, the race simply wouldn't work.
It had been a good race to start the year with...
4.45am: Woke up from bed. My stomach wasn't feeling well this morning. There were sharp pain in my abdominal area and I kept sh***ing water only. I know it's 'geli' but trust me, this is bad. I proceed to drink my pre-race beverage avoiding any solid food as well. After the purging session, my stomach felt much better.
6.25am: Reached Lake Gardens and I didn't even had the time to warm-up. I know that from my body condition, I cannot afford to race fast. Originally, I knew that if I kept at my race pace (Singapore Marathon) then I knew I would have finished under 1Hr55mins. However, after a second thought, I decided to abandon the strategy as I had purged a lot of water from my body just few hours before. Therefore using the 'finish the race' basis would be a better option.
6.45am: Race Starts!! Yahoo!! what a good way to start the year with. There is one more good thing...the countdown before gun time. Really shiok la..Something new to the running scene.
1st Lap - Stomach feeling OK. Ran at a relaxed pace. I was at the last placing where I was sweeping the floor. The lantai really clean la..Skip the water station as I felt it is ok to do so.
2nd lap - Stomach feeling OK. I was still relaxed at this point although I wasn't sapu lantai anymore. But my timing was way out of my target. Anyway, I just tried to relax although I knew I will not achieve the timing I want.
3rd lap - Stomach started to feel bad. I manage to potong some runners but I struggled to pace myself properly. My running form is all out...My hands were out of position, my mind is out of focus because I am concentrating on my stomach..
4th/5th lap - I tried to regain my composure but very difficult at this point. My stomach just became quite painful and I could not hold it in any longer.
6th lap - At the 2/3 point, I decided to detour to the toilet. I rushed into one of the cabins and released everything I can. Trust me, it was as if a heaven had lifted a heavy burden from my stomach. I spent a good 7 to 10 mins in the cabin. Upon finishing my business, I continued to race and it is then I found my rhythm again.
7th to 9th lap - My split time just kept plummeting and at the last lap, I just turbo all I could. But the best part was the finishing. The members cheered for me after the finishing and ronnie presented the finishing card to me. This race creates a whole new experience and meaning to 'everyone is a winner'.
Post race - My stomach got better afterwards and I was feeling very hungry. The best part was that there is Nasi Lemak to makan after the race and I just wallop whatever I can take in.
I would tend to think that this race is very different to the ones that I had participated before. There is a feeling of closeness between the members and everybody simply had fun on this day. To me, it really felt that this is a runner's race as it is organised by runners too. The trophy looks really cool as I know that it would be quite difficult if not impossible for me to obtain trophy from other races.
Things really went well on this day and it is a great start for me in 2006. I have a new target to improve upon and that is 2hr 06mins 23sec. Happy New Year Everybody!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment