Monday, October 24, 2005

Training (16/10/2005 - 22/10/2005)

Well, I have moved my training ground from Park to Road. It is essential that I do so as I did not want to lose the 'touch' of running on the road and to my surprise, it is more difficult than I thought. Not only that, I had added some spice onto my running menu and that is...hilllssss! Hills made up at least 30% of my total running distance and 30% more stress. However, there is one more essential element that I had not incorporated into my training and that is long runs which is 20K and above. At most, my longest distance would be 12K but that is all. Above that I am not sure about my fitness. Hope that by this week, i'll be able to do a 20K.

16/10/2005: Rain!! it rained for more than 6 hours in JB and it ruined my evening run. We are not talking about light drizzle but it seemed more like a thunderstorm to me. I wouldn't like to end up as a roasted meat on the road. Decided to wash my toilet today.

17/10/2005: Injury!! As a result of squatting too long (washing my toilet). My inner thighs near the KKC are is really painful. I walked 'Kang Kang' the whole day.

18/10/2005:
Time: 35Mins
Place: Road
Distancee: 3-5km
- Well, it is quite difficult to run due to the injury but I still did it anyway. The strange thing is, my legs felt much better after that.

19/10/2005:
Time: 45mins
Place: Road
Distance: 6-8km
- Hantam kau kau today. Legs felt OK but not my fitness. With added hills it only made running more painful. Overall, I still had a good run today.

20/10/2005:
Time: 45mins
Place: Road
Distance: 6-8km
- Tried to follow yesterday's menu but had to abandon high intensity training as my legs were quite tired at this point.

21/10/2005:
Time: 45mins
Place: Road
Distance: 8-10KM
- Really gave it all I got today. I could actually feel the lactic acid accumulating and it refused to budge from my legs. Pain is all I got today. With renewed focus and determination, I manage to pull through today's training without a scratch. It's really great.

22/10/2005:
Time: 35mins
Place: Road
Distance: 3-6km
- Couldn't last long today. Felt very tired and just wanted to finish off my minimum distance.

Total Distance: 26km - 37km

No comments: