I am very glad that I had joined the KLIM 05 marathon event as it had been a good experience for me. I had managed to pull through the marathon and below sums up my total experience and what I have learned:
Training is very important not to mention the race pace that we are going at. As KLIM 05 was my first marathon, I do not expect myself to set a good time but nevertheless, I could have improved my timing if I had made proper preparations. I experienced not only cramps but after the race, I discovered that I have injured myself as well. I managed to give some proper thought as to why this had happened and I had only two conclusions, race pace and training.
Firstly, for race pace. I had gone too fast in my first 30K because I felt damn good. I clocked a 3hr10min 30K time and subsequently, hit the wall at 32K. Not only I felt drained out but I pushed myself to run and hence, injury occurs.
As for training, more mileage equals to higher ability for the muscles to cope with stress. And I believe insufficient milage only contributes not only to slow times, but also injury.
To me, KLIM 05 is an eye opener as to what a Marathon is. Everybody must respect a marathon race as it is really demanding. 3 hours of pain is really a lot to take in at times but as PM19 says, we runners love pain. I am fine tuning my training now hoping that this would not happen on my second marathon.
2 comments:
Hi,
I am Tey lah ,u ah...pia so fast at 30km ,want to do like chen kah ? Sub 4 ? No way...cause u and me is same mah...at the moment...!How can u pia sub4 in first apperance full leh ???!!
Hope u tired and injure will recover soon...!
My target also sub4 infuture..our style not like Chen...can pia all the way...we must pace average the speed.....!
Anyway...finish first full always memorable for runner !
WELL DONE !Keep going !
Well done! Regardless of your timing, it was a fantastic debut! Your standard is way better thatn this which means, it's gonna be an exciting ride coz you're looking at a wide margin of improvement. Be patient, train and it'll come.
Post a Comment