Sunday, March 27, 2005

Nilai 3 Half Marathon

Hi guys...there is nothing to write much about this race from me as I DNF'ed this race. It was a bad case of ITB (I think)injury. It actually started from KLIM and I assumed it had been completely healed after 2 days. I was completely wrong and it all started like this...

Race begins!! I ran fast trying to keep up with PM1 and PM19. I was still leeching behind this 2 mad fellas when suddenly I 'felt' a 'POP' on my knee. The first thing I did was sweared loudly TNS!!! What happened!!! Within 1 minute, the pain slowly set in. At first it was isolated at the knee area. So I did not give a damn and continued. After Chen overtook me at somewhere KM4 or 5, the pain radiated to my hip. I still kept on fighting. Then at somewhere KM9 to 10, the pain became unbearable and I had to walk. All other runners overtook me, and then suddenly I found myself being last. $%^@^%$#!!! the pain worsen at this time as I could not even walk. It felt as if somebody took a knife and stabbed it onto my thighs everytime I put my foot down onto the pavement. I stopped at this point. There was still another 10km to go.....and I saw the sweeper bus. I boarded it and I told myself, 'this will be the first and last bloody time I am boarding a sweeper bus'.

Lesson learned: Injuries should be completely healed before undertaking further hard training. Within 2 days after KLIM, I ran a sub 21min 5K for my training. It actually flared up the ITB and I was never bothered by it since I took it as a 'normal' injury. Damn myself...I will cease my training at this moment to concentrate on healing. I most probably will pay a visit to a sports physio or a massage to further improve the condition of my thigh. I was utterly disappointed that I did not finish my 21K today and god had borne witness to that.....

No comments: