Well, I kick started my LSD by doing my run at Port Dickson today. It was a bloody tough run. Not because of the distance but the heat and humidity. It is terrible. My day started at 6.45am and I started the journey from home to PD. I reached there about 8.30am and parked my car at an empty parking lot next to Bayu Beach Resort. I put on my shoes, my sunglasses and started running. The first 5K was OK as the temperature is still manageable but moving into the next 3K it was terrible. My watch is showing 9.00am and the sun is blazing down. 'Nevermind' I thought. Just go on. I ran into PD town and it was around 9.15am and the initial distance covered was 8km. Suddenly I felt my lips were very dry. F*#k, I am out of water on my body. It was strange. I don't normally feel that in 10k runs but not this time. I checked out my arms and my T-Shirt and I was sweating profusely. Shit, the sun must have further evaporated the sweat and my body can't keep cool. I went to a shop and bought a bottle of mineral water to rehydrate. I felt better. I took a breather and decided to jog around the PD town for 15mins. There are few shopping centre's there and the main tenant is Ocean Supermart and Billion. Well I thought it is still not bad for a small town. At the same time there was a 'stadium', if you can call that in PD. However, the track is not made of rubber but was made of bricks!! I dunno how to do speedwork there leh.
After that, I decided to head back and now my watch was showing 9.45am. It is bloody hot now. The breeze had turned hot as well and I suffered for the next 8k back. It took me 1hour to run my 8K and there are tons of cars there to make the situation worse. This is the toughest training I had ever had. My timing was out and I just want to finish it and get some breakfast. I reached back to my car at 10.30am to 10.45am and I am as dark as charcoal right now. Burnt to the core. My body temperature was high as well and my body could not stop sweating even after I had stopped running for 30mins!! My total distance covered was 18K and this was done under blazing sun!! Trust me, it is bloody tough.
After getting myself sorted out, I head towards Seremban town to get some hakka mee there. Trust me. This is the only place you can get really good hakka mee. I proceed towards the Pasar Besar at the edge of the town and went on to the first floor. Sat down and ordered a bowl of yummy hakka mee and a glass of cold KOPI PENG! Man life can be good to me at times...
No comments:
Post a Comment