Saturday, December 11, 2004
Injury
Well, my hard training seemed to be taking a slight toll on me. I had very tight calves for the past 2 to 3 days. It was so difficult for me to run on the track yesterday my calves acted up and felt very sore. After 4 rounds of 400 meters, I decided to give it a rest as it is agonising to continue running. At night, I encountered another pain. It was located in my inner shin bone. I looked up in the internet to see what had actually happened to my legs and the next thing I knew, I am having a slight 'shin splint' injury. Well, there is no worth in taking the risk in pushing farther and faster. Friday night, I gave it a heat massage followed by RICE. It felt better considerably. I did not run today and further applied ice and heat massage. Tomorrow I am going for a 25k and it will be a very very slow run. Hope that everything would be ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment