Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Bloggers Beware

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


For starters, I am not sure how am I looking at this issue. However, I guess there are always bad hats too in the internet. The Star had mentioned that ultimately, it is the bloggers responsibility to write sensibly and it made me wonder, are we posting journals without even thinking of the consequences that may arise as a result of what we have written? I mean, if one's blog is all about themselves and their daily lives, I guess the chances of posting something malicious would be nil. But then, it is when authors begin to get 'excited' about some governmental issues or some other event like the recent student violence in UPM and slayings of TAR students, our deepest evils were presented in form of blog postings and irresponsible comments. I mean, I had been visiting a few of these sites and trust me, these guys were so opinionated that they border on the verge of blindness. In response (retaliation would be a better word) to the recent events happened (UPM student violence and TAR Student Slaying) they promote nothing but only hate messages on the net and those whom claimed that they are writing against these hate messages, were no better than a bunch of thugs. It seemed like a 'spitting' party where they spit at each other, not realising that they themselves were covered in each other's spit.

Why would I say that? It is because, due to their inability to excercise self restraint and control on what they choose to write, their opinions and postings had been skewed so much by their emotions rendering the actual reality and facts, useless. If one is to comment on something which is so sensitive in nature (especially politics), let it be factual rather than emotional. I am not going to point out here which sites had been so crappy but then, I guess, they are still kids which had not been weaned off from their bottles.

As for myself, I had not comment on a single thing about these issues as I believe, it is part and parcel of our life! Not only that, the due process of law had taken place (for the issue of UPM violence and slayings of TAR student) and whether it is effective or not, it is useless to judge it. The consequences where the authorities had decided on the course of action itself will create another new dimension and new consequences from their decisions. For good or worse, we are part of this system and there is no way we can escape from it. The only thing that we can ever change is ourselves and how we are going to adapt to be better within the boundary of this system.

Oh yeah, and for those kiddos, grow up.

1 comment:

Jamie Pang said...

btw, when will u be back? wanna collect der cd and pass u der cash. kam siah!