It had been a difficult week for me as there are numerous projects going on at the same time and also, I had to further complete my on hand stuff as soon as possible. However, I still manage to squeeze out the maximum time I had on my hands for my training. Generally, manage to clock around 35K this week and there are only three runs (including the sunday 10K race!) On Tuesday, did an easy 10K clocking 55mins using my racing flats with no troubles on my knees whatsoever. Manage to up the ante on Thursday by doing a 15K run. My main goal during that run was not to pia all out but to maintain a consistent timing throughout the run. My initial target was to run a 3min 30sec (620m loops) per loop. It was a good timing for me as I know that I will not suffer too much but also to achieve a consistent target timing that I need. The timing are as follows:
Lap 1: 3min 46sec (3min 46sec) (Not applicable)
Lap 2: 3min 29sec (7min 16sec)(-16sec)
Lap 3: 3min 28sec (10min 44sec) (-1sec)
Lap 4: 3min 29sec (14min 14sec) (+1sec)
Lap 5: 3min 32sec (17min 46sec) (+3sec)
Lap 6: 3min 20sec (21min 07sec) (-12sec)
Lap 7: 3min 26sec (24min 34sec) (+6sec)
Lap 8: 3min 20sec (27min 55sec) (-6sec)
Lap 9: 3min 27sec (31min 22sec) (+7sec)
Lap 10:3min 26sec (34min 48sec) (-1sec)
Lap 11:3min 32sec (38min 21sec) (+6sec)
Lap 12:3min 25sec (41min 46sec) (-7sec)
Lap 13:3min 25sec (45min 12sec) (NIL)
Lap 14:3min 30sec (48min 42sec) (+5sec)
Lap 15:3min 22sec (52min 05sec) (-8sec)
Lap 16:3min 17sec (55min 22sec) (-5sec)
Lap 17:3min 14sec (58min 37sec) (-3sec) 10.5K mark
Lap 18:3min 27sec (1hr 02min 04sec) (+13sec)
Lap 19:3min 27sec (1hr 05min 31sec) (NIL)
Lap 20:3min 20sec (1hr 08min 52sec) (-7sec)
Lap 21:3min 13sec (1hr 12min 06sec) (-7sec)
Lap 22:3min 20sec (1hr 15min 26sec) (+7sec)
Lap 23:3min 25sec (1hr 18min 52sec) (+5sec)
Lap 24:3min 25sec (1hr 22min 17sec) (NIL)
Lap 25:2min 56sec (1hr 25min 13sec) (Not applicable) 15.5K mark
Yes as you can see from the timing above that I am actually micro managing. I believe by doing so, I can achieve a far more consistent timing for my run time than anything else. By adhering to the timing as well, we are actually training our patience, focus and at the same time, discipline. But then, there are not so favourable effects of micro managing where it creates stress trying to adhere to the timing. From the chart above, you can actually see that with every great leap into the positive timing zone, I had to counter it by running faster which resulted in huge negative timings.
From the above chart, I am hovering within the range of +12sec and -7, which adds up to a range of 19secs. To me, it had to be the best way of running as I had not struggled during the entire running course. I had also prepared water for my own consumption but then the timing that I took water was not included because I am measuring the consistency of my pacing rather than the overall timing. Taking into account the water consumption time that I had taken, my finishing time was 1hr 28mins as I stopped 3 times to drink. This is the first time that I had published such timing as it should serve to me as a reminder in the event, I 'forgot' how to run. My next race would be the SAFRA Shears Bridge Run and Putrajaya Marathon.Yahoo!!! I can't wait to race again. All out!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment