Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Appointment

At last, manage to make an appointment with an orthopedist at the Johor Specialist Hospital. Although my knees felt fine but I am nervous. Somehow, I had this nagging bad feeling about my knees. Anyway, I had been 'moving' my lazy ass since monday.

Monday: 1.5km brisk walk and 750m light jog
Tuesday: 1.5km brisk walk, 750m light jog and 750m brisk walk

The knees felt tight..very tight during the run while there is very little room for flexibility. The biomechanics on both of my leg's felt somewhat 'odd'. The movements were not equal and it doesn't felt smooth at all. They felt somewhat dead...

But I'll increase the 'mileage' to a 5K and I will hold my excercise session at 5K. Generally, I had this in my mind:

1.5km brisk walk, 1.5km light jog and 2km brisk walk.

This will be the programme for me until the orthopedist certifies I am OK to run again. Hopefully the result is only a minor injury which is recoverable. I had been reading on Meniscus injury and it is freaking me out...

6 comments:

krunner said...

You really should lay off jogging and just stick to walking until you see the Ortho.

krunner said...

You really should lay off jogging and just stick to walking until you see the Ortho.

krunner said...

You should lay off jogging until you see the Ortho. Jogging causes the impact of 4x body weight on your knee.

Boon Haw said...

Hi KRunner, Thanks for your advise. Ya, maybe I should lay off jogging for the time being but anyway, I just checked the rate for consultancy at JB Specialist and the MRI scan costs RM800!!! I will be heading to KL for consultancy at Tung Shin where they are much more cheaper there.

Jamie Pang said...

what did the ortho said? signs good?

Boon Haw said...

Hi Carboman, Thanks for the concern. Anyway, saw an Ortho and he just mentioned there is slight inflammation on my knees and nothing else. He said it is quite normal that the knees will have knocking sound when they are inflammed. In fact he gave me the greenlight to run WITH CONDITION, I can't race within this month to the next. Gave me anti-inflams and ask me to monitor the situation carefully and NOT TO BE OVERZEALOUS when come to running. In fact I started my run since yesterday and knees felt good but not the surrounding muscles. They felt so sore and very very weak. I have a lot to do t get back to my previous fitness and speed. But time is on my side. No matter it take 3,6 or even 12 months, I'll slowly bring back my fitness. Anyway, now is the good time for me to do a post mortem on what had actually happened and tons of time to reflect on my running.