Sunday, April 17, 2005

My second injury assessment

Well, did an easy 3k of trail run today at Bukit Gasing. Tey had decided this morning that he want to join in so we set our time at 3.30pm. It was a full blasting sun and soon I met him at the trail entrance. I told Tey that today's run is for my injury assessment and it would be a very easy run. After putting on my racing flats and a few stretches, off we go. It was an easy effort and my thoughts concentrated on my outer knees all the time. At the same time, I also focused on my foot placement so that I do not twist any part of my leg. Up hills were fine and downhills were OK. I was giving more attention on downhills as I know, it will flare up my injury if I pound too hard on my feet. As I progressed, my pace got faster and at one moment, I felt like I was floating while running. So I decided to slow down again trying not to be overzealous. It was after the last 100m or so, that my knees are telling me it is time to stop. The outer knee was feeling 'hot' and I know if pushed, the pain will be back. After exiting from the trail, I stopped and Tey was wondering if I had any injuries at all as I was running fine all the time.

We chatted and I mentioned to him that today's 3K is a real progress for me in terms of getting myself back on track. My pace was OK and the legs felt strong. It's only the last few hundred meters that my knees gave me a warning sign. Compared to last week, it was hell. I couldn't even complete 3K and the pain came in without a sign. Tey mentioned that I should go for Chinese sin seh and I was also thinking about that. We'll just how the progress of my injury goes. If all fails, why not?

We chatted a little bit more before the skies decide to open up. All in all, it is a very happy day for me as it at least kept my hope that I can still run..alive.

No comments: