Tuesday, April 19, 2005

20mins 44sec...

This is my first run since last month. It started at 7.30pm and the course is 3km. It feels very funny. On one hand I have very fresh legs and yearning to squeeze all it's juices out but on the other, I have an injury to care for and have to hold back my pace. I put on my racing flats and after several light stretches, off I go. My aim is to complete another 3K. Just 3K is all I am asking for...

I was out onto the streets walking at first, trying to get the feel. Next I jogged slowly and my mind was focusing 100% on my knees. I stopped at the starting line of my run. Did a few more light stretch and off I go. It was OK. Throughout the run the knees were sore, a sign of weakness in the area. Everytime it feels like it is going to seize up, I just stopped. All in all, I stopped 4 times. Anyway, I was quite happy to be able to move myself back. At least, this is better than nothing. To me, 20mins 44sec is a total achievement for me. Thank You god.

No comments: