Yes, I had begun my first serious run and it is only a 3K! Haha! What a joke. I was lamenting last night on how I managed to run 20K's on one single night (and that's 10pm!!) while right now, I am panting heavily after 3K.....However, the feeling of running long distances had not left as if I had just ran my 21K's a week ago. The feeling of breeze and freedom that came with it was quite comforting and not to mention, the sound of breath whooshing in and out from my mouth was ever melodious.
I am restarting my programme and since Friday last week, I had ran four days in succession (not bad for someone whom had stopped running for quite sometime!) and I had limited it to 3K's. If not for the protest from my knees, I would have pushed my lazy butt to another km or so but the pain was quite bad, so stopping after 3k was a smart move for me. Anyway, talking about my knees, yes it had gone thorough some really bad patches since the last few months. It was swelling on and off and I am suspecting that general weakness on my knees are a contributing factor in addition, my bloody weight had ballooned to a level I am not comfortable with (don't bother asking me what is my weight now as I am pissed with myself for enjoying so much food...NOT! Haha!) How about my timing? Well, my Timex strap had just broken (due to months of neglect) and I am using this excuse to avoid running fast! But, I am sure it will come to a point where my new Timex watch will reappear on my wrist with lap times emblazoned on it's screen everytime I shoot past my running lap....hhhmmmm am I dreaming?
No comments:
Post a Comment