
This is currently the latest gadget in my inventory and it is the Fujifilm Finepix S6500fd. In the first place, I had bought this camera 4 days ago to replace my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX7 which I HAD LOST. Yes you have read it right, I lost my camera. It was stolen and there is no one else to blame but me. Anyway, I need to thank Tey a lot if not for his posting of this camera on his blog, I would not have come to know that there is such good price for a camera with SLR like functions.

Firstly, this camera is not an DSLR although it seriously looked like one (thank the designers at Fujifilm for fooling you guys). The S6500Fd is classified as a bridge camera where it has a fixed lens (28-300mm) in a single package plus, it houses a 10.7x optical zoom! For the price of RM1600, I get SLR like controls and not to mention, one of the best performing camera (for ‘bridge’ cameras) in terms of picture quality at the ISO output (in dpreview's opinion!) of ISO200-800 thanks to the critically acclaimed 6.3MP super CCD sensor. Although, there were significant artifacts appearing in its picture but then it wasn’t really that noticeable. Built wise, it had a solid feel to it although it is completely encased in plastic. The things that were missing in its total package was a hot shoe for an external flash and the use of an electronic view finder instead of an ‘optical’ one which is completely useless for focus checking. Anyway, for the price of RM1600, I really can’t complain much about that.

I had been doing weekend shooting on my Lumix and had always found that I needed something more. It is not to say that the Lumix is a bad camera, it is just that I needed more control over the camera as opposed to point and shoot only. As for the Fuji, I had been doing some shots of my own and it is a testament that with more controls, you can do more with pictures. However, I still needed more practice in composition and also learning on how to use the manual function.
For more reviews, please go to www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms6000fd/
1 comment:
Hi, it is a very good camera which I am a proud owner of it.
Post a Comment