Sunday, September 26, 2004
Terry Fox Run
Well, what I can say is that it is a fine running event. My day started at 6.15am and soon I was driving towards lake gardens. There were two running events held on the same day and they are the Terry Fox Run and World Tourism Day Run. The parking lots were filled up rather quickly and I had to park at the Hospital vicinity. I jogged towards the assembly area and I was shocked. There wasn't any sight of racers (except a few odd ones) around and there were many families gathered there!. One things for sure and that is 80% of the participants were 'gwailo's and gwaipo's'. Soon the event started and the air horn was sounded. Everybody started walking! It felt odd to me as whenever the 'race' starts, everybody will pecut like mad. But not this time. So I decided just to jog along. When the streets are cleared then I only increased my pace. The run brought the participants around the lake gardens and the distance was 5 kilometers. Soon I found myself finished rather early and I walked around looking for some water. The best thing about this event would definitely be the breakfast!! There were caterers standing around serving the participants with all sorts of pastry and food!! There is so much going around that I think it will be more than enough for most of us. The atmosphere was lively and different as you can see many families were running or cycling with their children. These family bonding kind of scene is actually very nice. It immediately brings you back to those days where our father brought us to the park and have fun. Anyway, I would definitely come back next year for this run. Before I end, there is one thing that I need to mention about this run. There are tons of 'leng lui's' around and make sure you bring enough tissues to wipe of your saliva before you start the run...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment