Sunday, September 05, 2004

Long Time no update

It had been quite sometime that I had updated my weblog. Anyway, my workload is decreasing and I can spend an extra amount of time to do this. Well first update, I manage to get a pair of Asics Gel Cumulus 6 in S'pore! Yahoo! I know some of you will start asking the question 'You should be able to find this shoe in Malaysia right?' Wrong! I have spent countless Saturdays and Sundays going from Shopping Mall to the smallest shop while I couldn't even smell a speck of dust hinting this shoe is available in Malaysia. I had some difficulty finding this shoe in S'pore as well because rarely S'poreans will wear Asics and the major shopping malls do not carry them. Even if they do, the range is limited. It was at Sportslink in Shaw Centre that I found the running shoe.


So much for shoes, next on the agenda...KOTR! Damn it! I could not participate due to my high fever. It was a case of bad throat infection that I could not even swallow water! Of all the time, the fever decided to start on Saturday. Why not Monday! I can get MC mah! I was in a full throttle mode on Saturday morning when I collected my numbers but when I reached home, I felt somewhat tired. So I slept and at 3pm, I was on fire! My temperature rose to 102 f and I felt like my brains were completely cooked! The temperature never came down until this very morning. Well I felt perfect right now but missing out on the KOTR wasn't something that I can accept easily.

1 comment:

fhlim said...

Hello Boon Haw,

Oh. Very sorry to hear that you could not make it to the KOTR. I completed my run in 63 minutes. Managed to get a certificate of completion and sticker of achievement.

The day before the race I nearly had minor flu and sore throat. I was lucky to prevent this by jogging in the evening and taking "Strepsils".

Hope that you can recover faster.