Monday, September 20, 2004

PJ Half Marathon Post Race

Well, my day started at 4.30am and was about doing my usual business. However, there is something that I really mind doing everytime before the race is eating PowerBar. I do not know why athletes can munch such 'food', if you can even call it as food. It is sticky and sweet. But I guess the nutrient and glycogen that it supplies far outweigh the taste right?..Anyway, I picked my friend up at 5.30am and soon we proceed towards the Kelana Jaya Stadium. After we parked our car we proceed towards the reporting station and did a few laps to warm up. I then further moved to the starting line and off we go! The front group just sped off and I was stuck in the middle of those slower starters. At the exit into the highway, I decided to sprint to be close with those front runners. They are posting quite fast times as the course is relatively flat with the exception of a few highway ramps thrown in. Other than that nothing much is spectacular. What is surprising are those front runners are running as if they have attached twin turbos onto their system and spooling at full time. I decided against to chase them as they are too fast for me while there is still a long way to go. The water stations and the sponging stations are well managed though where there is enough for everyone. On the way back, I must have ran much faster as compared to my normal training where my timing is much below than what I have expected. The best moment had always been running into the stadium as there are many people cheering us to move on. When I proceed to collect my card, the number '94' was printed on it and I was totally overflowed with joy!. My long runs during the weekends had brought me results and I proceed to collect my medal. This is how it looks like..


Anyway, the atmosphere was wonderful with many people linger around and mixing with each other. Anyway, have I mentioned that I always loved the sight of 'Milo' van?

1 comment:

fhlim said...

Congratulation ! Just missed the finishing line by a mere 70m. I wish I could run a faster pace to make the cut. I'll try harder next year to get the certificate.