Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Run and Run and Run

I had missed this year's edition of GE30k due to some overtraining injury that I had sustained on my Achilles. However, after much resting, it got better and currently I am back on my feet training as usual. My main races this year would be 10k however, I will incorporate several 20k's in between. After talking to Ronnie previously, I had learned that I ran too many speed workouts and it really stressed my system out. True enough, every workout that I did it was very stressful but I guess, I had only one aim in my mind and that is to break my PR of 44mins for 10k. However, those speedwork is well worth it as currently, I manage to hold a 5.1min pace for the distance of 10k with a lot of fuel in reserve. My next phase of training would be to improve my pace to a sub 50min with reserve in fuel.....I am praying now that my heel would be ok...

1 comment:

Jamie Pang said...

good to hear that!