Friday, September 02, 2005

My Race

Hi guys, well, this Sunday's KOTR would be very important to me. I had missed it last year because I was down with viral fever! This year I will definitely want to run eventhough I am coming back on Saturday night!! Well, I have to collect the bibs in Singapore for the upcoming Sears Bridge Run on Saturday afternoon and that explains why the Saturday night journey.

I have been training, at the usual killer stretches where cars zoom past you 80km per hour. I actually don't like the road but have no choice. That is the longest stretch I can ever find. My aim? Sub 50min on 10K distances and it seemed like my knees are coping well at the additional pressures that I am subjecting to it. During these training sessions, I cannot stop thinking that I am risking limb and life just for the sake of running faster. I even think is it well worth it? But everytime when I get home and stared at my shoes, my heart only tells me one answer:

Life is too unpredictable to stop running. You can come up with 1001 reasons just to give yourself a justification to stop for good and this thought of yours is just another one of them. Look at your pair of shoe!!! That shoe is the reflection of you as a runner. It is well worn out because you love to run and you gave that shoe a sense of purpose.... You also gave yourself a sense of purpose. Are you going to stop living just because of a small excuse?

So Sim, stop being a sissy and lace up that god damn shoes on your feet. Start by moving your sorry ass to the road. You will feel better at the end of the run. Trust me.


I love running!!!

No comments: