Sunday, June 05, 2005

der-Pacemaker anniversary run 2005

Yahoo! This is the first PAR run that had ever been held after existing for 1 year. Full of action and full of suspense, not to mention that on this day, the true spirit of support and brotherhood appeared in this run, which not many you can see.

5.30am: I reached the Puduraya bus station from JB. This is the worst bus experience I have ever had. My ticket was downgraded to a '4 seater', ie. two on each side. Not only that the recline is limited but the ride was also bone jarring. As a result, I did not sleep during the whole journey. Upon reaching KL, I walked towards KLCC from Puduraya.

6.15am: Reached the park, I already saw tey was running and others was at the car park too. Proceed to collect the goodie bag from PM1. Minutes later more and more participants came. Wow, it's beginning to look good.

6.45am: Most of us are here, PM's and non PM's except DR still could not be located. Everybody changed to the sponsor T-shirt that had been provided. The carpark is a sea of RED!! We mingled and chat. I was beginning to feel the effects of not sleeping. My head is spinning at this time. Damn, I'm tired before the race!!

7.15am: Posing time!! We took our pictures (SEA OF RED!!!) with the KLCC tower behind us. At this current moment, the guard was standing there observing what we are doing. They are worried that we are a bunch of punks out there to destroy the park. I saw Ronnie talking to one of the guards and I really dunno what he is telling
them.

7.30: We assembled that the starting point which is the 700m mark. Our beloved leader is preparing to flag us off in a Malaysian flag tied to a pole!! People are gathering to look at us. Those seeded runners took their pole position and I also scared looking at their faces. So I start behind. Then the flag is OFF!!! Yeah!! everybody started running...and I was in front with the seeded runners..This is crazy I thought. From the pace, I think it is too fast for me. So I slowed down. Thornsten Chen is really into it. He pia like crazy.

1st Lap: 5mins 45sec - See what I told you? They are really crazy speeding. After the first lap I decided to slow down. I saw Thornsten, Tomoko, and other sppedy gonzales running infront.

2nd Lap: 6mins 15sec - I'm still ok running somewhere in the top 6 position. I was trailing Howard and he also looked fo\ast to me.

3rd Lap: 7mins 05sec - I'm tired at this lap. This is suffering. In my life of running I had never suffered so much before. I just don't have the steam to run. The body refuse to co-operate and my legs are heavy. Not to mention, the lactic acid was accumulating so much that I felt like a dead log. I decided to go for water this round. I just coudn't stand it. Ronnie saw my face and he told me to take it easy.

4th Lap: 6mins 54sec - After the water station, the feeling is much better right now. But I couldn't find the rhythm to run. The route is zig zagging and I had to dodge people. This is more difficult than I thought it would be.

5th Lap: 6mins 56sec - My head is dizzy at this time, I'm just too tired to run. At this moment, Jessica cought up with me. Damn malu la me. But she had really improved from the last time she took part in races.

6th Lap: 7mins 00sec - I am in pain, god help me..

7th Lap: 6mins 58sec - As a result of pacing with leng lui, my semangat increased :p Just joking.. I manage to focus on the pace and calm down.

8th Lap: 6mins 29sec - I really give all I can. I just don't have the juice on my legs anymore. I just want to finish it and stop.

Total Time: 53mins 26sec.

Finished at last!! I stopped and I nearly blacked out. Serious, the is a sudden drop in my pressure and my legs are like jelly. So I crouched to let my blood flow down to my head. I felt better and proceeded to cool down. We cheered all the other runners finishing the race. Some of the Ang Moh's even joined us. At the end of the race, it is like a gathering of family members, close and happy. We even had a prize giving ceremony headed by Yaziz and PM1. After that it was breakfast. I just couldn't wait. This is one of the most close knit race I ever had. Everybody knew each other and how I wish, all the other races are like that..perhaps it will.

1 comment:

John said...

Admire your spirit. Keep it up!