Monday, June 20, 2005

Adidas / Pacesetters 4 x 3KM Relay

Hi guys, this is my report!! To begin, i have to say that a relay race is really tough. First, the distance is short. So you'll have to run all out throughout the time. Second, when you run all out this distance, for us who don't train that much it is really painful. Third, it is bloody pressurising. You'll have to chase the front opponent and try to prevent people from potong sayur on you just to gain placing. Here goes my report:

6.00am: Jason picked me up from my place. I try to cram in as much rest as I can from the previous day's travel.

6.30am: Reach the place. Put on my 'battle vest' and prepare to face hell.

8.00am: After all the hassle of registering and meeting of our teammates, team pacemaker elite 1# is ready to go. William was our first runner, his brother second, while Jason was third and I am the last. KC..KC..In my mind, it's going to be a very fast race.

KABLAM!! Everybody starts to pecut. I was looking at William to see how's he doing. Anyway, one by one my teammates entered the stadium and then it was my turn. Off I go after taking the baton from Jason. I pushed and pushed the pace where I try to pick up a few guys in front of me. I couldn't..These fellas have the fresh legs and everybody pecut like mad. As I was on the way back, suddenly I was short of breath. I do't know why but I find difficulty breathing and without giving much second thought I just pushed all I can upon entering the stadium. Team Pacemakers Elite 1# must finished as high as possible I thought. Then the finish line was in sight.. PECUT!!!!! I crossed the finish line with sigh of relieve. I handed the baton to the official. I was out of breath that I was gasping for air repeatedly. After that, I learned that our team finished on position 18 with an average timing of 13mins.

It was my best experience running the relay race. I would definitely want to join again. Although there wasn't any medal for us, I will try my best to obtain one the next year. Thank you ronnie for letting us represent the team pacemakers and on this day, I learned the true meaning of teamwork. LONG LIVE THE PACEMAKERS!!

No comments: