Sunday, February 06, 2005

FTAAA/KLIM 05 Circuit Run

One word to start this report. TNS F*&#ing hot!

5.30am: Woke up from sleep. Do the usual business and all. Dressed up, tape myself at the sensitive areas, one cup of Milo and left the house.

6.55am: Reached the boathouse at lake gardens. I know today is going to be tough. How tough? well I don't know. Just run and see. Met Ronnie and other pm's and start to pin my number. PM19 complain he did not sleep enough. I just don't know what he did last night.

7.05am - 7.20am: Briefing by official. They took many pictures as well. I just join in the fun. Sun is beginning to come up. Shit. It's going to be a hot day. There is one water station, sponging station and 100Plus station just before the finishing line. Well, my strategy is to reload every two rounds.

7.25am - Race is off! I was starting last as I did not want to go too fast. Below is the times that I have posted. I gave myself an aim. 3 hours for 30KM. Must do that.

Lap 1 (13mins 33Sec/13mins 33sec) 2.3km - Feeling OK. I saw PM1 and others turbo into plateau. Couldn't see them anymore. Well, just continue running.

Lap 2 (12mins 14sec/25mins 47sec) 4.6km - Feeling OK. Everybody was running at a furious pace. I was thinking, if the course is 2.3kms, then I need to post a 6min per lap to run below 3 hrs for 30K. I pushed my pace a little further. Reached the water station and stopped for the drink. I just stand at the water station and drank all I could. Continue..

Lap 3 (12mins 06sec/37mins 53sec) 6.9km - Feeling OK. I saw Chen, Ronnie and Justin just opposite the lake. Sun is starting to shine. Man, I was praying that I can survive this.

Lap 4 (12mins 09sec/50mins 02sec) 9.2km - Feeling so so. Nothing much happened. Just stopped at the water station, drink and sponge my self. Continue...

Lap 5 (12mins 01sec/1hr 02mins 04sec) 11.5km - Feeling so so. Shit! I was hungry!! Die loh... my engine suddenly feel not enough fuel. Aiya, don't give a damn lah. Just continue.

Lap 6 (12mins 25sec/1hr 14mins 29sec) 13.8km - Feeling so so. My timing dropped. My hunger is the main problem and I should have addressed that this morning. Just a cup of Milo is not enough. This will be a valuable lesson for me on the next run. If you want to perform, then eat!

Lap 7 (12mins 42sec/1hr 27mins 12sec) 16.1km - Feeling down. My timing further dropped. At this point of time, I lost count of the loops I had run. By this time, Ronnie and gang would have ended the race and only left me and Chen. Hopefully they would be around. It will be a morale boost. I overtook Chen at this round. One more thing, the temperature is very hot at this point. I stopped at the water station and took a double shot of the 100Plus and plain water. Sponged myself properly and continued to run...

Lap 8 (12mins 49sec/1hr 40mins 01sec) 18.4km - Feeling tired. The sun is blazing down like no body's business. The sprinklers around the lake was on at this time. How I wish I was running among them. Can cool down significantly mah!

Lap 9 (13min 10sec/1hr 53mins 12sec) 20.7km - Feeling tired. Fu**ing Hot!!! I was on fire and at this point of time, all bloody negative thoughts came in. The mind asked me to stopped. I said to him, if I stop now, I jump into the lake. It kept quiet. Stopped at the water station to sponge and drink.

Lap 10 (13mins 07sec/2hr 06mins 20sec) 23km - Feeling ok. Temperature is kept in check and continued running.

Lap 11 (13mins 34sec/2hr 19mins 55sec) 25.3km - Feeling pain. It was all pain. My body had at this point not listening to me anymore. It went on slow and my time suffered. It was hot again and I am really heating up. I stopped at the water station and drank water and 100Plus. I did not see Chen and anybody. Ronnie came out and cheered at this round. I just continued. His cheer made myself felt better.

Lap 12 (14mins 34sec/2hr 34mins 07sec) 27.6km - Feeling bloody pain - This is difficult. My fuel is low and my legs are suffering. My thighs and calves are on fire! I knew I had another lap to go to reach my target! Must press on!! Stopped at the water station to drink.

Lap 13 (12mins 56sec/2hr 47mins 04sec) 29.9km - Turbo!!! At this point, die die lah!! Don't care lah. At the end of line, I was feeling happy to see other PM's there. Yahoo!!! 29.9km in under 3 hrs!!! Just drink all I can at the finish line. Proceed to the official and told them I want to stop. Chen came at this point and decided to do another round. Yahoo Chen!! Go on!!

10.00am - Damn tired. Checked my position, it was no.8. Took a group photo and cabut!!

Good Points - At least there are water stations and sponging stations. If not, participants would be like a dried mummy running on the circuit.

Bad Points - They can actually start earlier. If they had started earlier, my timing would have improved.


No comments: