6.15am - Met ronnie (pm1) and Chin Tuck Meng (pm24) at the venue. Ronnie seems to be more prepared than any other. I guess he had trained enough for this event. Me? Just two runs at the Bukit Gasing Nature trail that's all. Nothing much.
6.33am - Race starts! The men's open category was released first and I was running with the front pack, after only 500 meters, I saw ronnie's buntut already. Damn fast. We circled the lake and head towards the edge where there was a steep hill. Shit!! The school children category was also running this route. All these boys just walked up that hilly path. That whole area was clogged with school boys. No choice, had to run the grassy area just to avoid them. Then we head towards the rest area and this is our first 'jungle'. Run up towards the very hilly path filled with school boys. I shouted out 'oi! give space!' Just charge up the hill and then make a u-turn back down the stairs. While running, suddenly I saw Chen blasting away. F***! That fella oso so fast wah!!
At this moment, I lost all my sense of direction and I don't know where am I. Just follow lah. No mistake wan. Suddenly we appeared at the National Monument traffic lights. Turbo!! On the road just give all I can. Then the first refreshment station. Took 2 100Plus as I felt I was very hungry. Continued with the journey and the saw the group of people running into the jungle. Shit! The entrance to the jungle is filled with school boys and they clogged up the area badly as everybody slowed down as it is slippery. Me, I felt like a hero and started to hop around the area and KABOOM!!! I landed heavily on my butt!! Not to mentioned I slipped down the trail like I was sitting on the slide. My butt was filled with dirt but I just continued. Then there was this set of uphill and it is exactly like what I have trained in Bukit Gasing. Yeah!! I can run this section!! Just charge up and in the process, pushed a few school boys. After that it was walking all the way as the trail is too packed with people. Suddenly came to this area behind a house where it is so steep I need to grab hold of the railings. If you fall here, it will be a one way ticket down.
We move towards the national monument and the the marshall directed us to move into our next jungle. Yeah!! The same kind of trail I have trained. I ran down hill then suddenly the fella in front of me applied emergency brakes!! AAHHHHH!!!.....luckily can brake in time too if not it will be a bad crash. Move towards the carcosa and took a turn into lake. Managed to finish the race in 47Mins 50sec.
Good Points:
- Challenging course, tonnes of steep hills, but we did not get our shoes wet. Trail running is supposed to be like that.
Bad Points:
- Although the open category started first, but when the trail section converges, the school boys were in front of us while they just walked up these trail. They tend to clog up these areas.
Mood: So So only
No comments:
Post a Comment