Well, these few days had been quite hard for me. I did 3 days of strength work. Starting from:
Thursday: I did speedwork and my total 5 K running time was 19 mins. Of course it is a start stop kind of running. 300 to 400 meters of hard run followed by 60 sec rest/jog.
Friday: Raining!! I couldn't go out so I just ate satay at home. Yum Yum..
Saturday: Trail Running. I did this at Bukit Gasing Nature Trail and god it is bloody hard to run. The starting 200m is impossible to run. There are too many steep steps and it is pretty unstable. So I just walked up. Once there are less steps, I proceed to run the trail and it is difficult to find pace and rhythm. It is just pure brute power training and by the 2km, my legs were jello already. You will come to a part where I have nick named the small hill climb as 'Great Wall of China'. Unless you are trained for this, you can only walk up for sure. Anyway, I finished the trail course in 15mins. Tired...
Sunday: Instead of running the 21km, I opt for the double hill 10k, of course with spice added in. I ran the first few KMs with ease. Upon reaching the Laman Tunku area, I just sprinted up hill. I gave it all I've got and make sure I take all the lactate acid into my legs. By the third climb, I pancit already. So just jog back to Lake Gardens. My time was 46mins.
I am hoping that these speed sessions will do me some good. I am trying to look for a track to work out and unfortunately, there are none in PJ. Sad Case....
1 comment:
Halo nice stories u hv in pj half, do visit my site too.
pm1.blogspot.com we oso run at KLCC every wed, tue n thurs track training @ kp. pandan.
Post a Comment