Sunday, June 27, 2004
Olympic Day Run
Well, Just got back from the run and i felt it was great. Never expected that there are such quiet roads in KL and generally the terrain is hilly. During the run, I was pacing against a 'Gwai Lo' apparently from the pacesetters running club as he was wearing that vest. Never knew his name though but for his size, he was strong at the downhills. I don't know why. Most probably is because of the weight and momentum thing. During the downhills I have to power away just to catch up with him. I know I am much smaller compared to his body size but I never knew weight could play such a role. Anyway, it was during the final turn into the stadium that I managed to overtake him as I know I've got the advantage of weighing lesser and just power away into the finishing. I never knew what my record is but I overheard that for runners clocking 31 mins had ended up 36th place. Well, take a guess of what my placing is with my time of 35 mins. Anyway, I've got a nice cert and my next target now is the Seremban Half Marathon where this is my first ever run in the 21km category. I have only less than 2 weeks to train for 21k and I am hoping that hell will not break lose within this 2 weeks.