As for photography, right now I am concentrating on night shots only. I had completed my first night shot project (idea is adapted from 'Practical Photography Magazine') and I had named it City Abstracts. Below are the samples of some shots that I had made.


One of the key challenges in taking the photos above are my lack of proper equipment where I was supposed to use a wide angle lens of 17mm for this shot instead of 28mm lens. Not only that, the f-stop is slow in comparison of f-11 which is required to create better effects. The worst is that, I did not have a proper tripod where the legs are supposed to be flexible. Anyway, fixing the camera to the front passenger seat proved to be a tough task and I had to make sure that all the framing, focus is done before setting out for the night shots. Well, the result turned out to be pleasant enough and I am considering doing another round of this. Wish me luck.
2 comments:
Hi Boon Haw,
Better confess here that I have been a keen follower of your blog since you started writing it and also know about your injury story every now and then. Now that you are attempting to run fast again do allow me to fill you with some ideas so you don't get injured that easily.
1) in order to run fast, you have to practise running fast.
2) BUT... you don't practise running fast with every training session!!! At the most is once a week to begin with.It takes at least a week for the muscles to recover and become stronger!!
3) begin with easy faster run ( never all out pia!!!), like 200m x 6 times.With plenty of rest in between.The idea is to teach the muscles to move the legs to higher leg turnover.
4) increase the distance from 200m gradually until you get to 800m.
5) you may repeat running up strongly and jog down a small hill for a change.
But never do both in a week.
Well,hope you have a great start and run injury free and run long. Adios!
Hi Waterman, Welcome to my site! I would like to thank you for your frequent visits and have your comments on how to train fast. Your experience in running proved to be valuable to me and at the very least, now I am beginning to have ideas on how to run fast. See you soon at races ya!
Post a Comment