Saturday, July 23, 2005

Run! Run! Run!

Lately, my motivation to run has been on a high side after resting for a week. Whenever I got home, I just want to run and everytime I do that, i'll run my lungs out. The strangest thing is that, I have not been timing myself and currently I really do not know how fast I'm running. The one thing in my mind is that I want a consistent fast pace and I'm close to that. Hmmm, maybe i'll time myself today. Hope that i will not be disappointed.

But there are two spots in my running route that I need to be extremely careful. I had to stop no matter what because those people here who drive do not give a damn about pedestrians. In fact, I feel that the way people drive here gives me the chill down my spine. The road here is narrow and drivers here have a bad habit of shifting lanes without giving signal at all. The worse part is that they LOVE to drive fast. The Pasir Gudang highway has an average speed of 100K/hr and it is only a 2 lane road!!! At the same time, those crazy lorry drivers would also join in the fun of driving their 18 wheeler at excess of 100km/hr. No wonder there is an average of AT LEAST one accident per week here. To me, accident is a common sight in Pasir Gudang highway right now. I too have seen several cases of people dying here. God Damn...this place is hell.

No comments: